The book world is a wonderful place. Full of amazing books and absolutely lovely people from authors, to agents, publishers, book sellers and book bloggers. Now they are coming together for the Books for Vaccines auction.
Books For Vaccines is a volunteer-run charity auction to raise money for Care International, who in turn are raising funds to help vaccinate the world against the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID pandemic has hit us all hard, but there is no denying that certain countries have been harder hit than others. Until everyone is vaccinated, the world will not be free from the pandemic and people will continue to suffer. The aim of the Book For Vaccines auction is to raise money to help Care International to vaccinate the world (not just the UK).
The Books for Vaccines auction is being organised by Harper Collins UK’s Editorial Director Phoebe Morgan and is inspired by Books To Nourish auction run by Sarah Shaffi and her team in 2020, who got the idea from the Authors For Grenfell Tower auction.
The auction has 170 amazing lots that you can bid on from signed books, to editorial feedback and advice sessions to having characters named after you. There is something for every book lover and budget. Including:
- A signed copy of Girl A by Abigail Dean
- A signed copy of The End of Men by Christina Sweeney- Baird
- An exclusive early proof of bestselling author Lindsey Kelk’s new book On a Night Like This
- Editorial critique from Phoebe Morgan
- Editorial feedback on your novel outline + first three chapters from Penguin Editorial Director Clio Cornish
- Editorial review and advice session (over Zoom, or coffee) from bookseller, publisher and author Jamie Fewery
- Feedback on a 3,000 word extract from a novel or short story and a zoom session to discuss with Elizabeth Lee
- Associate Agent 121 from Olivia Maidment, at the industry-leading Madeline Milburn Literary Agency
- Editorial critique of commercial fiction manuscript (cover letter/ pitch, synopsis and first 10,000 words) from HarperCollins Editor Molly Walker-Sharp
- Zoom session on How to Promote your Book by Esther Harris, award-winning PR specialist
- Bundle of four Young Adult novels by Emily Barr and the chance to name a character in her next book!
- Feedback on an agent submission package from Literary Agent Katie Fulford (agent at Bell Lomax Moreton).
You can see the entire list and bid here.