Lockdown is easing and Sunborn London’s only superyacht hotel is thrilled to announce it has reopened.
Located in the Royal Victoria Docks, Sunborn London Yacht Hotel is moored by the ExCel centre, and in fact never actually closed their doors during the lockdown.
Instead, they were providing logistical support to all NHS and key workers at the Nightingale Hospital, by offering accommodation in its 136 guest rooms, with breakfast and dinner, served canteen style, in the hotel’s Land’s End restaurant.
This has given Sunborn London the advantage to learn and adapt its operations during the course of lockdown, and provide the very highest standards of cleaning, F&B preparation and general post COVID-19 measures, to ensure a safe but inviting environment for their returning guests.
During this time, Sunborn has introduced a number of new implementations and is preparing for the grand re-opening in 10 days time, following a deep, hospital grade sanitisation of all rooms and public spaces.
As a hospitality business Sunborn knows and understands that a warm welcome on arrival and ongoing interaction with staff members is an integral part of staying in a hotel, and they don’t want to lose this very trait which Sunborn has become synonymous with.
Sunborn’s top priority is the health and wellbeing of its guests, and these following measures will help to keep everyone safe, whilst not compromising on the high standards of service and facilities which Sunborn provides.
· Rigorous training programme for all staff members
- Introducing new safety procedures for greeting guests (check in and out), cleaning of all spaces and preparing of all food and beverages
- All staff trained in hospital grade cleaning, taking into account key touchpoints (door handles, lift call buttons, handrails etc.)
- PPE for all staff members
- Availability of hand sanitisers every couple of metres
· Staff interaction
- Digital check in facility
- Protective screens at reception
- Floor markings to adhere to social distancing
- All seating has been adjusted to comply with government guidelines
· Cleaning of bedrooms and public spaces
- New PPE provided to cleaning staff for every room clean
- Antibacterial wipes and sanitisation stations available to all guests in their room
· F&B – all available to order through the in-room tablet
- New ‘in-room’ dining experience, with a wider menu choice to cater to all
- Grab & Go wrapped breakfast items, as well as light bites and snacks
- Booking system in place for the dining room, to regulate numbers of people at any one time
You can find out more and book your stay here.